 Robotics / RCX / *135 (-10)
  Light Sensor Non Destructive Mods

Hi All, I've just added a new page to my website that describes a non-destructive mod to the light sensor that actually allows it to read ambient light! (URL) The range is <10 for a dark box and >90 for a halogen lamp about 6 feet away. It's really (...) (26 years ago, 28-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Why do it? Was: multi-device output controller

(...) Measuring PWM is not difficult, but it would involve a micro (PIC12C508 anyone?) dedicated to the task and then you would have to get it to drive the RCX, which means motor drivers, etc. If you are willing to spend $50 and LOTS of time, then (...) (26 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Why do it? Was: multi-device output controller

Ralph, Thanks for reigning in the rabbit chase! As the originator of this thread I'd like to respond to the 'why'... I keep running out of ports on my creations. I see 5 or 6 as a practical limit. My criteria for a solution: 1. Entirely compliant (...) (26 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Why do it? Was: multi-device output controller

(...) I have checked this out, and if you use the standard RCX firmware (or other firmware that uses the RCX ROM, then you get the waveforms you are talking about at 125Hz 1/(1ms x 8). You also get polarity information - oh no, I've said too much. (...) (26 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: gcc build instructions for linux

(...) week ago. (26 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  gcc build instructions for linux

Linux Tools for Hitachi H8/300 Microprocessor Development (URL) came across this site today. It has good instructions for building the gcc h3000 compiler on Linux. I thought people here might also be interested in the crt0.s 'C' startup source. I (...) (26 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How do you convert light sensor data to bmp image

Alex: Downloaded the netphm files from your site. Your right, it was alot easier. Now all I have to do is build my scanner. Thank you for your help Patrick McLean :) Alex Wetmore wrote in message <922292440.681002@phred.org>... (...) image. (...) (26 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: FORTH editor/IDE

(...) I'm not in the process of writing an IDE, but I'm not sure you need one either. (...) I'm going to make the pbFORTH a bit more user friendly shortly, by adding a MARKER word that essentially clears out all of your own definitions. (...) The (...) (26 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  FORTH editor/IDE

Is anyone considering, or in the process of, writing an editor for pbFORTH on the PC? I am thinking of doing one in the style of RCX Command Center ((URL) but don't want to reinvent the wheel if there's one on the stocks. I haven't tried pbFORTH (...) (26 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: names

(...) Will you resist the temptation 2nd time around it TLGs lawyers decide that the 'LegOS' name is a possible infringement? :) Richard(OS) (26 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact