 Robotics / RCX / *1075 (-10)
  Re: communication PC <-IR-> RCX

Hi Pavel, check out the program loader. Basically, you have to register your own port handler for incoming packets on the PC. You should also acknowledge them in some way, so the RCX knows what's going on. Maybe IR networking should become secure. (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Save image in pbForth (srec version)

Hi Ralph, Finally I got it to work. Now there is XMODEM protocol and S-record writer on top of it. SAVE-SYSTEM word has been redefined to produce S-record image. Although upload time is up to 5 min now, instead I don't spend time anymore to mess (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: communication PC <-IR-> RCX

(...) You can use lnp_logical_write. But - the IR tower automatically turns off if nothing has been sent through it, so in order to see the data coming in, you have to keep sending something through the tower. [...] -- Regards, Modemch (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  communication PC <-IR-> RCX

Does anybody have an example of a LegOS program that sends data back from the RCX to the PC? Is this possible also with SPIRIT.OCX poll/datalog protocol? Tnanks, Pavel. e-mail: petrovic@ifi.ntnu.no (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Constructopedia v1.0

Search this newsgroup. I remember seeing a link for a site that had the entire constructopedia from v1.0 scanned in full color and full size. Jason (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Constructopedia v1.0

I have just purchased a RIS v1.5 and am very pleased with it. I would like to obtain the v1.0 constuctopedia. Does anyone know of a place that would sell JUST the constructopedia? Maybe Shop@Home? Thanks for any help John Reichel (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Long range IR mode.

(...) The >R and R> words are used as little helpers. The put (or get) the top element of the data stack to the return stack. As long as you dont fiddle with the return stack between uses, they are a great way to do this. The alternative way to code (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Long range IR mode.

(...) Great, much more generalized code. What are the >R and R> words BTW? Did FFB7 C@ . and found the contents to already FE, as in, it appears that the default IR mode is indeed Long to start with. Seems like the effective range is much shorter (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: RIS 1.0 to 1.5 software upgrade

OOPS! I missed the 4129418 "Robotics Invention System 1.5 User Guide" English, 27 pages Sorry Rick Rick Kirkwood <dynamics@mediaone.net> wrote in message news:00e101bf2bad$cb...one.net... (...) LEGO) (...) full (...) a (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RIS 1.0 to 1.5 software upgrade

I received my free (+$3.95 P&H) upgrade kit today and was pleasantly surprised ( or should that be AMAZED, Y-A-H-O-O-O-O!!!! and THANK YOU LEGO) to see that was NOT just a software upgrade, as I had thought, but the full #3803 "RIS 1.5 UPGRADE KIT" (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact