 Robotics / Palm Computing / 76
Re: New Palm IR Software to remote control your RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.palm
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:48:02 GMT

Hi!

Anybody has tried this soft using a Palm IIIe with a Scout ?

I can't get it to work. The only response I got from my Scout is the light
sensor led blinking when I put the Palm too close and push some button of
the program.

I also wanted to know if anybody knows about some alternative (or home
making instructions) for the IR Tower.

Thanks in Advance,

Marcelo R. Muzzio

In lugnet.robotics.palm, Carl Jagt writes:
Greetings,

I ought to have my head examined ;-) Paul's Robotic Mover worked perfectly
on my wife's 2MB Visor but acted quite strange on my Visor Deluxe. Well, the
fix and an easy one at that was to completely reset the Visor, reinstall all
the apps and Prest-O! Guess I had some memory fragmentation? Either way,
Paul -- your Robotic Mover works just dandy and a big thank you for your help!

  Cheers!

Carl Jagt

In lugnet.robotics.palm, Carl Jagt writes:
Greetings, Paul!

  Have you received any word from user's re: Robotic Mover works on a
Visor? (My Visor Deluxe will install and run the app OK, but tapping an
onscreen control appears to immediately shut the unit down and I cannot
power it back up unless the On button is hit 5 or 6 times in a row. Also,
the RCX and Scout don't respond.)

  Cheers,

Carl Jagt