 Robotics / Palm Computing / 48
Re: The palm IR tools
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.palm
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 14:38:28 GMT

LRemote uses the same IR codes as the LEGO remote does. It is still
worth trying to train OmniRemote that way though. With OmniRemote, doing
the same thing in a different way can make a big difference. I don't
know why.

Train some buttons and see if they work better for you. Please share
your results.

Robert Eddings

Edward Gardner wrote:
Let me ask another (ignorant) question, then. Have you tried using the LRemote
or BrickRemote programs that use an IR tower connected to the Palm device
(http://www.advancenet.net/~kory/pilot/)? As it happens, I have 2 palms (and
if you count the emulator, one more ala my laptop to test proggies before I
install em) and was thinking maybe I could train the remote that way. The
LRemote program can control both the Scout and the RCX (at the same time even,
which is kinda fun to watch). Or do you suppose it will suffer from
the "extra" signal in the same way the Lego Remote does?

Also, there are some prelim programming libraries available for the Palm for
communication with the Scout/RCX. Haven't looked too deeply into them yet...