 Robotics / NXT / NXT Firmware Hacking / 70
69  |  71
Subject:
binsert question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:00:50 GMT

Starting with the original NXTGCC source, if I disable binsert in the makefile,
the firmware crashes on boot.  The firmware development which I am doing will
probably increase the size of the firmware by around 20KB, so I'm wondering if I
need to do something with binsert to deal with that, or else if there's some
other way to deal with increased firmware size given how NXTGCC deals with it.
I am currently adding a file to the firmware by appending its filename to SRC.
Is there a different preferred way to add files?  How, roughly, does binsert
work; there are three of them; which does what?

Sorry if this is a n00b question.

Thanks in advance.