 Robotics / NXT / 98
Re: NXT and Phone Compatibility
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2006 00:52:39 GMT

In article <J4J9IK.H27@lugnet.com>, David J. Perdue
<david@davidjperdue.com> wrote
[snip stuff about phones with Bluetooth]

Okay, thanks for the information Tony!

I shall be writing some tools to run on phones and communicate over
Bluetooth.  I am in the middle of a writing project at the moment, so
this may be a month or so away.

I am thinking of writing a native application for Nokia Series 60 (S60)
range of phones first (including the Nnn and Enn models) - I have a S60
phone I can test on.  :-)

Once that is working I can experiment with Java too, which should run on
other phones as well.  Though I have heard that Java compatibility
across phone ranges & manufacturers is not too great.

Can I just have a little survey of what phone or PDA models that people
have that feel would be potentially suitable for controlling their Lego
NXT creations with?

Regards,
Tony
--
  The NXT Step blog discusses the Lego Mindstorms NXT:
  http://thenxtstep.blogspot.com/