 Robotics / NXT / 77
  NXT Motor Encoder Accuracy and Dead Reckoning

Has anyone done any experiments on the accuracy of the NXT motor "move to" block? If so, can they post their results or impressions? I know NXT supports PID calculations to synchronize two motors and run in a straight line. Can you use this to drive (...) (18 years ago, 13-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Motor Encoder Accuracy and Dead Reckoning

Dick, the article you referenced with the PID controller is excellent. I spent a lot of time trying to do a straight line with an RCX model a few years ago, but with a different approach: It was track-driven and the drive shaft extension on each (...) (18 years ago, 13-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Motor Encoder Accuracy and Dead Reckoning

(...) I've played with it a good bit. It seems to be extremely accurate, in that one motor will slavishly follow the other - you can do demos like set a Move block to drive forward 10 rotations, and while it's trying to do that pick up the robot and (...) (18 years ago, 13-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Motor Encoder Accuracy and Dead Reckoning

(...) ... (...) Yes. Very easily. I took my floor cleaner robot, Rosie: (URL) a two-block NXT-G program (in a loop): (URL) created a robot that I think has the accuracy of "Peeves", as seen here: (URL) appears to return within a couple cm each time. (...) (18 years ago, 13-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)