 Robotics / NXT / 615
  RE: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

I've looked at implementing an interface for RobotC, but I've always struggled with why bother since there are no applications that connect to it. I wish LEGO had implemented an option to provide a logic level "RS-232" UART on port four. Yes, I (...) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Hi, halfduplex is not the problem when connecting the NXT to an external MCU. My problem is the bitrate of 921,6 kbits/s. Simple cheap MCU like ATMega didn't support this bitrate (as far as I know). To add an external devices (e.g MCU+SD-Card (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

Hi Christian, (...) the RS-485 interface is directly connected to the AT91SAM7S USART, so you can choose the bit rate quite freely. (...) No, it is not necessary, P-Net is just a field bus which seems to be popular in Denmark, there are others which (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Hi Juergen, Yes, I found this night the entries at Lego-Source-Code... and no line about P-NET-Protocol... My first thought was to implement a simple p-net-node at own MCU, but now I can try my own communication from NXT (master) to external (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Does anybody have an NXC program that demonstrates the use of RS485 communications? (17 years ago, 25-May-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)