 Robotics / NXT / 609
  NXT external storage

Hi, what are you thinking about extending the NXT with an external storage for more sounds or karthographic data ? A simple hardware interface NXT==>I2C==>IOPort==>SD-Card is not the problem, but how can this supported by operating system (e.g (...) (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT external storage

(...) It may work, but it will be very slow. The NXT runs the i2c ports at only 9600kb/s, so the data will trickle to the NXT very slowly. (...) I think that the answer is yes. (...) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT external storage

(...) Yes, 9600 bits/s is really slow for storage access. Is there a known way to increase the clock and transferrate of I2C ? Christian (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: NXT external storage

(...) Yes. RobotC already supports an optional "fast" mode that is five times faster transmission when reading a single byte. For reading multiple bytes from an I2C device, RobotC is about 15 times faster than the NXT-G firmware. There are a couple (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)