 Robotics / NXT / 521
  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) Two 6th grade girls at Ladd Acres Elementary in Hillsboro Oregon USA, named the NXT, "OOBER" out of the box. They used a rechargeable until that needed recharging. I replaced their original rechargeable with another one. Today, about 30 (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) It sounds to me like the NXT is simply in firmware download mode. There is no visible reaction on the NXT once it is in that mode but you should hear a faint clicking sound. That's what the reset button does - i.e., it puts the NXT into (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) Ouch, I understand quite well, actually*. But I agree with John, it sounds like the NXT might be in firmware update mode. If you *haven't* already done it, download the latest firmware (1.04), and a patch for the driver (1.02), from LEGO's (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) Thanks Folks. I'm just finishing up a class for 9 & 10 year olds. When I get home, I'll try resetting and upgrading OOBER. Without the tears and emotions breaking around me, I should be able to isolate the bug. (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)