 Robotics / NXT / 507
    Extending the firmware through DrawGraphic() —Jason J Railton
   Having made an earlier suggestion about using file names to extend the capabilities, I've looked into it a little further and found something very useful. The 'NXTDrawPicture', or 'DrawGraphic' command can take an arbitrary array of variables. The (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

        Re: Extending the firmware through DrawGraphic() —Philippe Hurbain
     Hello Jason, (...) There was a paper about RIC on NXTasy a few days ago: (URL) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

         Re: Extending the firmware through DrawGraphic() —John Hansen
      (...) Unfortunately, I made several factual errors in my post on NXTasy the other day. I have attempted to correct those errors today by editing the existing post. Please make sure you read it again if you read it yesterday or earlier this morning. (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

          Re: Extending the firmware through DrawGraphic() —Philippe Hurbain
      (...) Thanks John. I find it a problem that NXTasy posts are not signed - I didn't know you were the author... Philo (18 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

         Re: Extending the firmware through DrawGraphic() —Jason J Railton
     (...) Hmm, this is interesting. The capabilities that aren't used by the current firmware are very curious. I can see the purpose of multiple sprites and draw modes though. With that, you could do masked graphics. A mask sprite would be drawn first (...) (18 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

        Re: Extending the firmware through DrawGraphic() —John Hansen
   (...) These variables do get used by the existing RIC format. I could tell you what they mean but then I'd have to kill you. :-) It definitely is not a good idea to try to use them for something completely different. It seems better to just add a (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

        Re: Extending the firmware through DrawGraphic() —Jason J Railton
   (...) Yikes - I had no idea it was that convoluted! I want to put on some new graphics functions but I think I'll devise my own file format for those. I'll see if it's possible to hijack DrawGraphic to test it at least, but supporting new opcodes (...) (18 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)