 Robotics / NXT / 462
Re: Advice on NXT demonstration Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 03:20:45 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Patrick J. Levy wrote:

...I have 5 days to prepare myself... I want to
show some of the NXT capacities as ultrasonic,
sound and servo motors. The Idea for now is to
demonstrate the capacities of the Lego Mindstorms
rather than a project that fit their necessities.

In five days, you need something really simple that you understand. Something
like Tribot, but make it clear that you know what it's doing. Another really
small, *extremely* simple chassis is JennToo* (and a remote control for it as
well, if you have two NXTs), there are plans for it (and for a lot of other nice
simple robots, RCX and NXT based) here:

http://www.legoedwest.com/page.php?19

Another place to look is on NXTlog (although documentation is often in short
supply) or the NXTasy repository. Philo has some nice stuff up as well:

http://www.philohome.com/nxt.htm

Including a small spy-cam equiped rover, and joystick remote control. Steve
Hassenplug has an application to remote control an NXT over BT from a PC (as
well as a bunch of custom blocks):

http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/

And for snippets of NXT-G code, I've got a bunch up, but most of them are not
full programs:

OK, ball's in your court - now what?

[Alpha Rex] seems to walk crawling it's feet instead
moving then... am I right?

You're right - walking like a human is... non-trivial.

*disclaimer: I built JennToo, but James Isom over at LEGO Ed West gets *all* the
credit for CADing it up.

--
Brian Davis