 Robotics / NXT / 460
Re: compilation switch in BrickCC Command Center?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 17:32:38 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Elizabeth Mabrey wrote:
Thru brickcc command center, I wonder how to insert a user-defined
compilation switch as I want to use it in the preprocessor directives.
Input is greatly appreciated.
--Elizabeth

Are you talking about defining a macro via a command-line switch such as

nqc -Susb -d -DMYVAL=xyz foobar.nqc

or something of that sort?  If that is what you have in mind then you can do it
from within BricxCC with NQC but I have not yet implemented support in NBC/NXC
for command-line preprocessor declarations.  It's something I have intended to
implement for quite a while but it keeps getting put off for other priorities.
I'll try to get that into the next beta release (b25).

In BricxCC you can add command-line switches via the Preferences dialog on the
Compiler tab.  If the switch is common to all compilers then you can add it on
the first tab on the Compiler page.  If it is specific to NQC or NBC/NXC then
you would enter the switch on the specific page.

John Hansen