 Robotics / NXT / 156
155  |  157
Subject:
Help with NXT-G programming.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 16:22:01 GMT

Hello,

I got my Mindstorm NXT set a few weeks ago. Have built and programmed all the
modells that was in the program that came with the set. And now started to make
my own robots with the NXT.

The NXT-G program looks great and is easy to understand (most of the time), and
the help function is very good.
But there is ONE thing (until now) that I can't figure out:
How do I remove a "Sequnece Beam"?
It is not necesary to remove the beam because the program works like it should,
but it does not "look" nice  :)

The problem is as follows:
I had made a loop where something should happen inside (suprise!) and I used a
Display block and extended its data hub, and the loop "frame" was then extended
below as it should. Then I thought of making a paralell task and made a fork in
the Sequence beam, but I made it to long and the end was outside the frame for
the loop. Now I can't remove that end of the Sequence beam, even if it is
nothing on it...

All other objects in the NXT-G program can be removed by clicking on the object
and pressing the Delete button. Or you can select more than one object by using
the arrow an making a selection box around the objects. But Sequence beams does
not applies to this function...

The program by the way, can be downloaded here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/NXT-robots/roamer.rbt

I also have two RCX units that I have used some (not much).
But I never have got to the step of programming in C or program codes like that.
Until now I have only used the program that came with the unit.