 Robotics / NXT / 1171
Re: Text languages for programming NXT?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:58:34 GMT

On 8/28/2010 12:30 PM, Brian Kendig wrote:
I'm getting back into Mindstorms after a long hiatus. Let me resurrect this old
thread, to see what the answer is in 2010. :-)

What text-based languages are most mature and best-supported these days for
programming RCX and NXT? Is RobotC still preferred, are NBC/NXC still the best
out there, or has another language/environment taken the lead in popularity?

Last year I tried using RobotC on an RCX, and found it to be buggy and
no longer maintained.  It worked very well on the NXT, but I was looking
for something affordable that I could use in a classroom environment,
and that made it easy to switch between the RCX and NXT bricks.  Cost
was an issue.

I haven't regretted the decision to go with Bricx Command Center -
outstanding support from John Hansen.

-Wayne