 Robotics / NXT / 1135
Re: RobotC on NeXTScreen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 13:15:40 GMT

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 7:46 PM, Mark Haye @ . .
<mark.hayeusibmcom@ipx11873.ipxserver.de> wrote:

Unfortunately, my NXT screen died.  I'm getting by with using the NeXTScreen
utility to display on the laptop (very nice utility, BTW).  However, I am
using
RobotC and the screen is a bit distorted, for example:

Robot C has the ability to display what's on the screen, also.  You
shouldn't need to use NeXtScreen

Lastly, are there any possible fixes for a dead NXT screen?  I tried opening
the
case and looking for connectors to be reseated, to no avail ...

Look in the forums on NXTasy.com for an answer.
People (including me) have found re soldering the surface mount caps
on the back of the display can solve the problem.    If you don't
understand how to do that, you shouldn't do it.

Steve