 Robotics / NXT / 1113
Re: BT fails when downloading to NXT from brixcc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2008 22:41:43 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Ana Cruz Martín wrote:
Hi everybody:

I'm working with NXT and BrixCC via BT. The connecction between Brixcc and the
NXT works fine, and I can use some Brixcc tools, like NXT Joystick, or Find
Brick.

However, there is no way to download a compiled NXC program to the NXT: the BT
connection breaks, I get a "Compile Failed. Download to the NXT failed" message,
and then the BT connection is established again, and Brixcc keeps running ok.
But the file is not downloaded to the NXT.

This sounds like you have no room for more files on your NXT.  Can you copy
files off your NXT using the NXT Explorer tool?  What happens when you try to
copy a file to your NXT using the NXT Explorer tool?  There is a maximum number
of files limitation (which, off the top of my head, I can't recall if it is 128
or 256) as well as the ~128kb of space available in flash memory.  Sometimes
there seems like there should be room but the free space is fragmented so there
is not enough contiguous space available for the file you are trying to
download.  If you can copy a small .txt file to your NXT using the NXT Explorer
tool and copy files off the NXT successfully then there is no reason the
compiler download should fail other than a free space issue.  In that case you
can either delete some files off the NXT or try the defragment option in the NXT
Explorer tool.

If you are using Bluetooth then you should always use the internal compiler
option since it is much much faster when downloading programs due to the
disconnect/reconnect issue with Bluetooth connections if BricxCC has to launch
an external executable.

John Hansen