 Robotics / NXT / *363 (-20)
  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) Ralph, thanx for the great work independently from the trouble at the list, I have some questions: What is needed to communicate with the NXT at PC side (Linux or OSX) Terminalemulation ? How are files transfered to the NXT ? XModem, ZModem, (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

Finally! I can put an actual link to your project on the sidebar! (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

John - Your accusation that Steve wouldn't correct facts is not true...your debate (held on a private forum) with him was over a row in the table that contained his opinions - and Steve always represented them as HIS opinions. ***...*** To the rest (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Programming for NXT

(...) I've spent a great deal of time talking with developers and updating the page, so I believe all the facts are correct. I apologize if I gave you the impression I was not going to correct factual errors. Steve (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) Bryan, you should be more careful about making unfounded libelous accusations. I did not copy Steve's page. I gathered the data independently. I began the project on my own in response to a query in the lugnet.robotics newsgroup. Were portions (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Comparing software

I get a lot of people asking what the "best" software is for the NXT. Of course, this is a complex question that depends on the user, and intended goal of the program. So, for the last several days, members of the Mindstorms Community Partners (MCP) (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) Maybe we should use the word "coincidence" that both parties were working on similar projects at the same time. Stranger things have happened you know. Lightup SW figs for instance. Who would have thought that two entities would invent the (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, John Hansen wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) All - it is appropriate to note that the table referred to above was created by Steve Hassenplug. It was reformatted to put NBC and NXC first and recolored. Oh, and the column (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) That's a very nice page, John. I'm glad you at least went through the trouble of changing the background, before you claimed to have done the work and posted it. Here's the page I've been working on for several days, before John copied it. (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) No need to apologize, Ralph. And I definitely didn't mean to hijack your thread. Unfortunately some folks hear "assembly" and get a completely mistaken impression about NBC. Anyone who has had a look at Ross Crawford's NBC Tuturial knows how (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: What do these macros do?

(...) Lots of very cool stuff deleted. Sorry I missed your original message, Jeff. You can write to both the Normal and Popup screen memory and toggle back and forth between which one gets displayed. This code flips between the two buffers for 10 (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Electromagnetic device

Thanks everybody for the explanations! Everything start to make sense now. I understand that a resitor will limit only voltage across the circuit, but not current, this is very clear also. So, i will look for a small electromagnet, (9 volts) because (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) not simple text-based languages for the NXT. Sorry for any confusion. Ralph (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Electromagnetic device

Yes, you can use an electromagnet with the RCX. Depends on what you want to do with it, but it should work. The device from a disk drive might be a 12 volt device, or 5. The RCX puts out around 8-9, so either way the device isn't drawing the correct (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) This is a fantastic development! Not too long ago, I was involved in Sony PSP hacking. Although the GCC toolchain was relatively easy to build, and lots of sample code was around for writing C++ programs for the PSP, the rate of new software (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

(...) I am very excited about the availability of pbLua. It looks extremely cool. And fast. BricxCC already has built-in support for Lua syntax highlighting. You can also have BricxCC claim the .lua file extension via the Preferences dialog if you (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: ReMix of LEGO NXT Starter Robot

(...) Yes... (...) Unfortunately no, the digital motor port signals are input only (they are buffered by a Schmitt trigger). Philo (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Electromagnetic device

(...) I would add that it will take some experimenting to get the parameters correct. Pick your operating conditions (parallel outputs, or no, etc...) and then given the supply voltage and maximum current allowance, you know the coil resistance you (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available

All, For those of you that have been asking the question: "When will we get a simple text-based programming environment for the NXT?" I can now announce the availability of pbLua Beta 1 at: (URL) This is an implementation of Lua 5.1 for the NXT, and (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt) !

  Re: Electromagnetic device

"Patrick Levy" <patrick@omiccron.com.br> wrote in message news:JBxJ1I.En@lugnet.com... (...) when you use an electromagnet with the RCX. You didn't post the technical specifications of the electromagnet you have wired up to the sensors, did it have (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact