 Robotics / Handy Board / 997
    Re: Polariod Sonar —Richard Vannoy
   (...) Although I teach a digital electronics class based on the 74xx series, I'm certainly no expert, but here goes anyway... TTLs seem to have a very low ability to drive anything but minimal loads. Look up "drivers" in the TTL Data Book. They (...) (28 years ago, 24-Nov-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Polariod Sonar —MAR ERICSON
   I think you're right. I used a transistor to drive the INIT with its emmiter and feed the TTL signal to the base. It seems to work fine now. :) You know what's funny, I tried using a CMOS chip (HCT) and it was able to drive the INIT signal. I figure (...) (28 years ago, 28-Nov-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)