 Robotics / Handy Board / 965
964  |  966
Subject:
Uh oh, serial questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 19:35:45 GMT

I am trying to get a handyboard and a miniboard to talk to each other
over the serial ports.  I am using Randy Sargent's notes, and that all
seems fine.

Some times, quite randomly, the handyboard "locks up".  The heart
beat stops, and the board stops processing any output (serial, LCD,
motor pins).  It appears to be the echo from the miniboard causing it.

I am reading characters right after sending them (assuming it is the
echo).  If I don't read right after sending, it "locks up" after
sending the first or the second character.

I have tried a secondary process to read all input, and throw it away,
that didn't work very well though.  It won't accomplish what I want
either (bi-directional communications).

The handyboard communications work fine when talking to a PC, or to a
Sun.  The miniboard communications work fine when talking to a PC or a
Sun.  Talking to each other has me stumpped.

Anyone?

--
tgb@bnr.com