 Robotics / Handy Board / 956
955  |  957
Subject:
Handyboard in the U.K.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 11:21:00 GMT

I'm just getting started into robotics and have spent the last weekend going
over the archived mailing list (big isn't it?!). It has certainly whetted my
appetite. I've lashed together a rudimentary 6811 board and have since
discovered the Handyboard through the web. Like any newcomer I've got a few
questions. Are there any users of this board in the U.K?  Are the pcbs
available in the U.K. or has anyone over here got a spare one? Does anyone
know of any hobbyist robotics group in the U.K.?

I've just downloaded the IC software/manual so will spend a while getting to
grips with that although I'm not a C programmer (yet). Its good to know that
there's a load of backup out there when problems occur.

On the subject of ranging modules has anyone investigated those ultrasonic
tape measures that used to be around. I've not seen them for a while so
can't remember if this would be a cost effective route. Maybe a surplus shop
perhaps?

Contact me here or at   churchs@racal-survey.co.uk

Steve Church