 Robotics / Handy Board / 941
  catalogs and sonar devices

How do I get this catalog you are talking about? We need somthing to navigate through the halls at Trintiy. I was thinking about using a sonar device my physics teacher has, but don't feel like cannibalizing it and not being able to fix it. We need (...) (28 years ago, 17-Nov-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  sonar

I was paging through the digikey catalog and found some pairs of ultrasonic transducers and recievers for about $12 a pair. Does anyone know where I can get information regarding setting these up for sonar, either from their own experience or (...) (28 years ago, 17-Nov-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: sonar

(...) I think I found your treasure. It's under "Audio, Buzzers, Microphones, Speakers..." right? ...Panasonic ceramic devices? This is my input: I have a Polaroid unit. This is what it looks like. There is ONE transducer and a ranging (...) (28 years ago, 18-Nov-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: catalogs and sonar devices

(...) Digikey 800-344-4539 (28 years ago, 18-Nov-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: sonar

(...) No, you are correct. The sonar parts that Digikey and All Electronics and others offer are just the sensor and transducer. Polaroid seems to make a package with all ranging electronics included. I read an article (by Chuck McManis if memory (...) (28 years ago, 18-Nov-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: sonar

(...) yes. the polaroid board is pretty sophisticated, really, in that it ramps up the input gain the longer it waits for the ultrasonic reflection pulse. this compensates for the exponential falloff in "volume" as sound disperses on the way out and (...) (28 years ago, 18-Nov-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)