 Robotics / Handy Board / 946
Re: sonar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 00:16:13 GMT

I was paging through the digikey catalog and found some pairs of
ultrasonic transducers and recievers for about $12 a pair.  Does anyone
know where I can get information regarding setting these up for sonar,
either from their own experience or possibly from some application notes
someplace or even on the web?  I would really like to add sonar to my
handyboard but $50 fir a polariod unit is far to prohibative.  Thank you.
---
Garth Webb
g-webb@uiuc.edu

I think I found your treasure. It's under "Audio, Buzzers, Microphones, Speakers..." right? ...Panasonic ceramic devices?

This is my input:

I have a Polaroid unit. This is what it looks like. There is ONE transducer and a ranging module(driving circuit). The transducer acts as both a "speaker" and a "microphone" as opposed to separate units in the Panasonic case.

So...someone correct me if I'm wrong...the Digikey things are missing the driving circuitry. As an analogy to the Polariods, you only get the "speaker" and "microphone" part. Thus you have to build this yourself which will cost some $.