 Robotics / Handy Board / 935
Re: Polaroid Sonar Ranging Module
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 04:52:34 GMT

This is the second try to get this question to the list, sorry if it is a
repetition, I haven't seen it on the list.

I saw your first post, but lacking any helpful info, did not respond.

GND (Pin 1), INIT (4), V+ (9), OSC (6), ECHO (7), BINH (8) and BLNK (2) whileDo you have the Polaroid manual?  ECHO is the analog pulse returned from the
transducer, BINH/BLNK are not well described in the manual, but I read somewhere here
that these have to do with modifying the length of the default blanking pulse.

These match the pins in the manual that I just got from Polaroid. I ordered 2 for robot
sonar.

in the book the pin names are :
two PWR, GND, VSW, FLG, XLG, Xdcr GND and Xdcr.

Not familiar with these.  PWR (power), GND (ground), Xdcr (Transducer ground), Xdcr
(Transducer), seem obvious, but not the others.
--
Richard T. Vannoy II                 richardv@abac.com
PO Box 103                         Computer Programmer