 Robotics / Handy Board / 911
Re: Servo_a5 (fwd)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 23:35:55 GMT

I had to remove the CTRL-M's from the file.  After I did that it loaded
into IC no problem.  So the MS-DOS v3.1 beta 4 of IC doesn't handle them.

OK.  Thanks for letting us know.  I have updated the FAQ to reflect
your observation.

But I came across another problem.  For the C wrapper code for the
servo_a5 routines I just modified servo.c to reflect the routine and
variable name changes.  Servo_a5_pulse gets initalized properly to 2560,
but I can't get the servo_on() (calls servo_a5_init(1)) to run properly. ~
I get the following message:
Downloading 6 bytes (addresses C200-C205): 6 loaded
Board not responding to 114 (r) command
Synchronizing with board
Board sync error: looking for prompt, got 12
Synchronizing with board
returned <void>
After this I can't control the servo, it just doesn't respond.  None of my
supervisors can't really decipher the above message, so could you please
give some insight?

Can you try -not- loading your modified servo.c and see if you can get
the A5 servo to work?  Make sure neither servo.c nor servo.icb is
loaded, and then just try

  servo_a5_init(1);

at the IC prompt.

I assume that you are able to get servo_a7_init(1); to work OK?

-Fred