 Robotics / Handy Board / 873
Re: Pic16c84 programming with Handyboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 16:21:59 GMT

David,
Althuogh I don't have an expansion board either, I am in the middle of
testing some code that I wrote to program pi16c84s.  Everything seems to be
working well, I just want to keep on testiong it before releasing it.  I
wrote it such that it can be easily modified such that anyone with a 6811
(including the expansion board) can program pic16c84s without difficulty no
matter what computer platform is being used.

Fred, While working on this project I looked at your schematic for creating
the 12V programming voltage on the expansion board.  You used a MAX chip if
memory serves.  I looked up the  spec sheet for the MAX part and noticed
that the rise time of the 12V is much larger than that required for getting
the pi16c84 into program/verify mode.  I am no analog genius, so I need
some way to do this quickly.  I modified my board so that I could
disconnect my batteries, so I should have 12V on my board already from the
wall transformer (as long as I put the charger into Zap mode).  Right now I
am using a simple transistor switch to control the programming voltage, but
if anyone has a better suggestion, I am up for it.

Also, since I am just getting into PICs myself, if anyone has any simple
16c84 code that I could use to test my programmer with, it would be great.
I already have a simple LED flasher going, but some other tests would be
nice.

-Dave Negro
dln2@cornell.edu

I have got a little question about the expansion board: at the HB
home page, I
could read that the exp. board was not yet finished and that the
programming of the
PIC16C84 is impossible. In fact, I did not found any layout of the two
layers of  the PCB,
without silkscreen. Can anybody help me?