 Robotics / Handy Board / 871
870  |  872
Subject:
Quick Question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 07:41:05 GMT

Howdy,

Ordinarily this would be a question better suited for
comp.sci.electronics-something-or-other but since the Handy Board
expansion interface uses a 4051, I figured someone here could give me
the answer more quickly... The official docs for the 4051 say that pin 7
(VEE) should be tied to -5 volts when in analog mode. Its my suspicion
that this is only required if the analog voltage swings below zero volts
and that otherwise it can simply be tied to ground. Is this correct?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

John

|Tired of the same bullshit? Govt. Meddling, Taxes, Crime, Politics?   |
|This year, DON'T waste YOUR vote - vote HARRY BROWNE for President!!! |
|  A Libertarian vote is a vote for freedom!         http://www.lp.org |