 Robotics / Handy Board / 870
869  |  871
Subject:
Buying a board.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 03:26:39 GMT

        ok, I've been lurking on this group for like 2 or 3 years.  I've
just now finally gotten around to looking into actually buying a board.  The
only problem is that I don't have a lot of knowledge about robots at least
the building end of it, I know lots about C programming and I've built rc
cars.  Anyway back to a point.
        basically all I want to do is that is I lay out 200 odd dollars to
buy a board I want to make at least one robot.  The only problem I alway's
run into with anything electronic is that i have next to know electronics
knoledge beyond really basic stuff like transistors and basic digital crap.
I wanted to know if anyone had posted on the web at least some pictures and
basic ideas of what they had built and at best if someone had written some
sort of basic robot building tutorial involving some sort of computer board.
I've already build really basic  stuff similiar to the "BEAM" robotics stuff
but I'm really into programming and am looking for a good challenging project.

thx for any responses,
--Peter Klemperer

peter1@prairienet.org

http://www.prairienet.org/~peter1/