 Robotics / Handy Board / 8596
8595  |  8597
Subject:
Why can't we manipulate TMSK1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:21:52 GMT

Hello,

We have some problems to manipulate TMSK1(address is 0x1022).
We wrote the following test code:

test.c
*****
void main()
{
     int i, j;
     printf("\n");

     i=peek(0x1022);
     printf("TMSK1=%d ", i);
     j=0x00;
     poke(0x1022, j);
     i=peek(0x1022);
     printf("TMSK1=%d ", i);
}
******

We were trying to get the value of TMSK1, and clear it,
and then print the new value (0) again. The problem is
when we type: "main( );",  nothing is displayed on the
LCD screen. Only when we do something else after it,
like type "load test.c", (but without running "main( );"
again), the expected string "TMSK1=24 TMSK1=0) is displayed.

This is very strange to us. Can anyone help us to explain
this?

Thanks!

Yuwei Liao