 Robotics / Handy Board / 8580
    Probably burned serial interface -- need help —Stefano Franchi
   Hi all, yesterday I mistakenly plugged the 110V/9V AC adapter that feeds the Charger/serial interface into a 220V power supply (I live in NZ but used to live in the US and have a weird mix of appliances, converters, and transformers). After a few (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Probably burned serial interface -- need help —Fred G. Martin
     where did you hear the pop? in the wall-mounted transformer device, or the serial int board? fred (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Probably burned serial interface -- need help —John R. McDaniel
   Stefano, Do you have a voltmeter? (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Probably burned serial interface -- need help —Stefano Franchi
   Thanks to all who offered help. But I'm afraid I may need some more... In response to some questions: Yes the pop came from the board, not the wall-mounted adapter, and yes, I do have a voltmeter. But it hadn't occurred to me to check the testing (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)