 Robotics / Handy Board / 8581
Re: Probably burned serial interface -- need help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:27:04 GMT

where did you hear the pop?  in the wall-mounted transformer device, or
the serial int board?

fred

On Tuesday, January 22, 2002, at 03:30  PM, stefano franchi wrote:

Hi all,

yesterday I mistakenly plugged the 110V/9V AC adapter that feeds the
Charger/serial interface into a 220V power supply (I live in NZ but
used to
live in the US and have a weird mix of appliances, converters, and
transformers). After a few seconds I heard a sound of the kind
condensers
emit when they pop. I immediately disconnected everything but I guess
it was
too late.

The Handyboard (it was connected to the charger at the time) seems OK,
but I
cannot connect to the interface board any more. Could anyone suggest
how I
can locate the (most likely) defective component? I'm very bad with HW
and
wouldn't know how to go about except replacing all the condensers one
by one...

Thanks in advance

Stefano Franchi