 Robotics / Handy Board / 8470
Re: Fire Fighting Robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 06:51:27 GMT

Hey Chris...

I have made my final-year project as an "Intelligent Fire-Fighting Mobile
Robot". This What I used...

1. 2 UV sensors from Hamametsu (one returns digital "one-bit" signal, and
the other gives back an analog signal to the HB)

2. 5 IR rangers from Sharp (two on the sides, two in the front (one looking
down for holes!) and one on the back)

3. A fire extinguisher (refillable) that can be excited by a heavy-duty
solenoid.

4. Two dc Motors for differential driving, and

5. An adequate external power supply to prevent using the HB own battery.

Everything worked fine and it was a very successful project…it just needs a
bit of creativity in programming.

Good Luck man

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Chris Burkhardt writes:
First, I am new to this newsgroup, so hello everybody!

Second, I was just curious about how many of you (meaning people on this list)
are building or have built robots for the Trinity College Fire Fighting Contest?
Especially if you made one for the 'Expert' catagory: does anybody of websites
for their robots?

I should be entering my first robot in the High School division this April.

Thanks,
Chris