 Robotics / Handy Board / 8467
8466  |  8468
Subject:
IS1U60
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 02:08:55 GMT

Hello Handyboarders,
     I hve a few questions regarding IR demodulation. Fred's book shows both
the GP1US2 and the IS1U60 IR demodulators but only shows how to hook up the
GP1US2. I would assume that this is because they would both be wired the
same way but I have been unable to get the IS1U60 to work. I am sure the IR
LED is working so it's not that. I have tried all the lead combinations with
no success so here are my questions:
     Fred's book says that the IR output modulates to 40kHz but the
documentation for IC3.1 says that it modulates at 100 or 125 Hz. Does that
mean that modulation is done in software?
     Is there a difference between the bit_set() method and the
ir_transmit_on() methods of activating the IR output? Are they different
modulations?
     What frequency is the IS1U60 tuned to pick up?
     Because I'm learning this on my own I don't have a professor to ask so
any help will save me hours. Thank you.
                                              Scott.