 Robotics / Handy Board / 8252
    hacking servo motors —Raju Kammela
   Hi, I am trying to implement a auto recharge system for my robot. i am using a homming beacon on the recharging station and whenever myrobot is out of charge it has to find the that beacon. to scan the area i need to use the sero motor. i never used (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: hacking servo motors —Gary Livick
   It's just an ordinary motor after you modify it to take out the feedback device, and you have no idea of where it is pointing at any time. Maybe you could have the robot turn in a circle to find the beacon? Or use a small stepper motor? You can (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: hacking servo motors —Rainer Balzerowski
   (...) Hi all, why so complicated ? Use a pair of gears to double the turn ability. We had the same problem (to find a beacon) and succesfully build it. I guess you don't have to be 1 degree accurate, or ?? I think 2 degrees will work. (You don't (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: hacking servo motors —Raju Kammela
   Thanks guys(Rainer and Gary) for your valuble ideas. i think i will go with the Rainer's method because of the simpicity(only one motor). any way i designed my sensor module for beacon finding long back with three sensors. so now i got confidence (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)