 Robotics / Handy Board / 8241
Re: Encoder Implemenation questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:07:23 GMT

If your high order design goal is "not bash into walls" then perhaps a
sensor that detects walls and imparts a higher control authority on the

Actually I was simplifying too much here.  My goal is to be able to
execute a relatively accurate 90 deg. turn to "round the curve" in a
narrow hallway and to be able to spin on axis (robot is circular) a full
180 so I actually can count on going straight if I rotate at the end of a
hallway.