 Robotics / Handy Board / 8239
Re: Encoder Implemenation questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:32:20 GMT

This is the first step on the road to inverse kinematics, how to predict
what you need to do to your robot (from a control standpoint) to put the
robot in a particular postion with a particular attitude.

Did that answer your question? :-)

It certainly helps.  I guess I'll stick to my kludge... it's easier. ;)
So in order to do effective rotation sensors I need to monitor not only
the rotations, but the power applied to the motor as well?  That seems
fairly complex but I guess what I want to do is fairly sophisticated.
(My methods are usually otherwise. ;))

I'm really not concerned with mm accuracy, since my resolution isn't that
high it am defenitely for sacrificing accuracy for speed, within reason.
This robot is an entry into the Firefighting competition so speed is
important, but so is not bashing into walls when I turn. ;)

Thanks again,

-Jim Munro
<jimmn@xnet.com>