 Robotics / Handy Board / 8226
8225  |  8227
Subject:
Averaging sensor data works great! Anyone experimenting with robotic skins/enclosures?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 03:41:29 GMT

Hi All,

           I just wanted you all to know that averaging the sensor data
on the handyboard yeilds
great results.  I've got servos and hdrive motors on my robot, and
ocassionally I'll get
a bogus sonar ping, or my IRPD detector would get a bogus reading.
decided to go with
a separate power supply for my sensors and motors.. that helped, I also
average 5
sonar pings, I also have an formula to average my bolean data comming
from the
IRPD.. 1+1+1+0+0 = 1    0+0+0+1+1 = 0.. and so on.  You need to poll the
sensors
more often but the results are better.

            Have anyone of you experimented with various enclosures or
skins?  I want
to skin my sensor array.  The sensor array has sonar, cds, sound, active
infra red, irpd, and ultraviolet
sensors mount on a perfboard.  I built up a baffle for the sonar and the
rest is covered in electrical tape.
The array is mount on a x+y servo system.  I'd like to "skin" the array.
Any ideas??