 Robotics / Handy Board / 8177
8176  |  8178
Subject:
Commapi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 04:48:02 GMT

I've been trying to use commapi to have my pc communicate with the HB. It seems
to be more or less set up properly as I can send characters to the HB. There's
a little oddity there as it seems to send an extra character to the HB. If I
have just a simple loop on the HB printing characters off the line, it'll grab
everything I send but it prints a space first, which it seems to be picking up
off the line.

However, I can't receive anything on the PC end. After a while, the program
bombs out of an infinite loop I have receiving and printing characters and
prints the message "I/O Possible." I can't find what this means in any
documentation. I know the HB is sending things because if I have IC running it
detects all of the characters coming in and prints errors. Sometimes I can also
see them in /dev/ttyS0 if IC has the line open but isn't grabbing them.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop running Mandrake Linux. RXTX seems to be
set up right, since I can send characters. Any ideas why I can't receive any on
the PC?