 Robotics / Handy Board / 8137
8136  |  8138
Subject:
handyboard@media.mit.edu is no longer!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:16:18 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

hi everyone,

todd lehman and i have completed the transition from
handyboard@media.mit.edu to LUGNET.

we moved 233 addresses from the MIT list to LUGNET delivery.
apparently 7 of you were on both lists at once -- getting double
messages.

here's what's different:

* you can now post messages to the list from the web interface at
  http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/handyboard/ .

* to write to the list by email, you must send an email to
  "lugnet.robotics.handyboard@lugnet.com".

* you must send the email from the same address you've got on the
  list.

  if you've got some kind of mail forwarding from the address you
  originally subscribed as to the address you're currently using, you
  won't be able to post.

  in that case you'll have to unsubscribe the older address and
  resubscribe with your current address.

* assuming your mail is set up properly as above, you can reply to
  messages from the list and everything will work.

* mail sent to "handyboard@media.mit.edu" will now bounce back to you,
  with an informative auto-reply basically describing the same info
  that you're reading now.

* we'll be sending a message with unsubscribe info shortly.

please contact me, todd, or the list with any comments or questions.

best,
fred