 Robotics / Handy Board / 8135
Re: Running 4.5 V motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:16:16 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Richard Giuly writes:
Is it okay to run a 4.5 V motor with the handy board's 9V motor driver as long
as the pulse in only on <=50% of the time?

If you mean a older lego 4.5V motor, then yes, it will work OK (I suppose).
The max. voltage I ever ran a 4.5V battery at was 54V, and it seemed to survive
OK.  (Nom. 54V, I doubt more than 40 actual volts...I was launching airplanes
with it...)

Do so at your own risk however...don't come crying to me if it burns up.

James P