 Robotics / Handy Board / 811
  electronic compasses/embedded CPU

I'm curious - how reliable are the solid state compass chips available? I'm trying to find one that could be integrated into an RC helicopter, and I'm concerned that things such as engine noise, metal on the copter, etc will distort the readings. (...) (28 years ago, 19-Oct-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: electronic compasses/embedded CPU

(...) The Vector 2X has a calibration feature wherein you start a cal program, turn it 180 deg on its vertical axis, and finish the calibration program. That takes of metal fixed relative to the compass. Twirling blades and reciprocating pistons may (...) (28 years ago, 20-Oct-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)