 Robotics / Handy Board / 8109
8108  |  8110
Subject:
Miniboard download random failures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 14:44:05 GMT

Hello,

  I just finished building a Miniboard using the HC811E2 processor.  After
swapping the Rx and Tx lines on my serial cable the download and reset
switch do as the manual says.  However, when I use dlm to download a program
the bootstrap section works (of course), then it "syncs" OK, then the 9600
baud download runs and will fail in random locations with "read xx", "expected
YY".  The failure occurs at random times with random values.  What should I
make of this?  Once I was able to download all of HEXMON successfully, but
while running Hyperterm I never got the ">" when reset was pressed on the
board so I don't think it really worked.  Now I can't even get a short
program to go more than about 64 bytes in before freezing or erroring out.

I got the dlm code from Fred Martin's current Miniboard site.  Has anyone
seen this before?  I really like the simplicity of this downloader but I
beginning to wonder where it sets internal EEPROM to be or if the 811E2
has EEPROM defaulted to a different location than dlm expects...

thanks for the help,
Dennis Clark