 Robotics / Handy Board / 8096
8095  |  8097
Subject:
PWM decoding
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:10:19 GMT

I sent this email a while back but didn't get any response so I'm trying again.
What I am after is a way to decode the pwm output of a standard radio control
receiver (the same signals sent to the servos) into a numerical form that can be
used within an ic program to control the robot. The radio control handset will
not be controlling the robot, just giving it advice ;-)

Any ideas ?.

John Hatton
johnhatton@email.com

John Hatton wrote:

Has any body used the HB to decode the PWM signals from a radio control
receiver ?. I'm not sure if it can be done (I haven't looked that deeply
into it yet) but I am construction a six legged walker with the twelve
servos being controlled by a single HC11 processor. The HB interfaces to
the leg controller, I was thinking of whether it would be possible
(mainly for testing purposes) for the HB to decode a 2 channel RC signal
(forward/back and left/right) and send the relevant commands to the leg
controller.

Any ideas ?.

Thanks

John Hatton