 Robotics / Handy Board / 8074
  Re: Battery Power and handyboard.

Jerry, I really haven't timed how long a battery charge lasts on the Handyboard but I did add a second 9.6v battery pack for the purpose of isolating the motor power from the logic circuit power. I did this to eliminate motor RF interference to the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Battery Power and handyboard.

I am currently using nickel hydride AA cells in two 4-cell battery boxes and so far during my construction and testing of the board they have not needed recharging yet. I didn't have access to a mains power supply most of the time, so after checking (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Battery Power and handyboard.

i'm not sure if wiring two nicad packs in parallel is a good idea. the packs would fight each other if either one's voltage varied even slightly from the other. i'd recommend either (1) John's initial suggestion of adding a separate pack solely for (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)