 Robotics / Handy Board / 8065
8064  |  8066
Subject:
Hall Effect Encoder = sloppy, going optical
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:10:50 GMT

Well the Quad hall effect switch encoder does not give repeable
resolution.
If I say 14 ticks = right turn (motors going in opposite direction)
well.
sometime it is on the money, sometime it's not.  And I don't have a
racer.. I have it running slow on purpose.. I am going for
repeatability.
So... I guess it's off to going the optical route.    Which relective
sensor have you been using?  What do you have the most luck with?
I'd like to print out a 1" diameter disk,  are there any samples
out on the net?