 Robotics / Handy Board / 803
802  |  804
Subject:
Wrong port or boot mode.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 06:04:53 GMT

I am in the process of building a Handy Board and I have just completed
assembly step 4.4.  When I try to download using hbdl, I get the following
error message "wrong port or boot mode".  Both BATT and PWR LED are off, I
believe that the board is in bootstrap.  My computer is a Pentium Pro
200MHz running under Windows 95.  I have already searched the Handy Board
mail list archive, with no luck.  Should the serial cable between PC and SI
be straight thru or null modem?  I have tried both types but, neither seem
to work.  I would appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks.