 Robotics / Handy Board / 7996
Re: More download trouble w/Windows 2000 on notebook
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 12:35:18 GMT

can you try booting the computer into DOS mode and running IC from
there.

not that it's a good long term strategy, but sometimes this works when
running IC from within Windows doesn't.

fred

In your message you said:
I was overly optimistic when I thought getting the pcode interpreter
downloaded via dl was most of the solution.  Now I get IC errors.  e.g. tryin • g
to load a hello world program gives errors like

Initializing interrupts
Board sync error: looking for prompt, got 12
Synchronizing with board
unknown error status 32
!!Unknown error!! while executing <command line interaction> (process # 1)
Downloading 1860 bytes (addresses 8000-8743):  1860 loaded
Board sync error: looking for prompt, got 1
Synchronizing with board
COMPILER ERROR!: -2 extra bytes left on board stack

Interestingly, the LCD does display hello world in spite of the errors.

Similar errors occur when I try to evaluate the expression 1+2; from the IC
command line, but the expression is never evaluated.

After compiler errors I reload the pcode interpreter.  Sometimes the dl
software tells me that the config register is incorrect (and offers to correc • t
it, and presumably does).

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Steve Mosiman