 Robotics / Handy Board / 7908
  sonar and overflow

Greetings all, Has anyone managed to work out some code which checks the overflow bit for the counter used in the polaroid sonar code? At the moment mine distance readings seem to be maxing out around 1.5m or so, and I'm not sure if it's the timer (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: sonar and overflow

Hi I think that the longest distance your able to measure is about 2.7m. The counter is 16 bit long and has no sign. But the integer is has a sign, so you can only use 15 bits, which is 32768. The counter increases each 0.5ns (pink book). Sound (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)