 Robotics / Handy Board / 79
Re: Can't initialize CONFIG register
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 19:29:23 GMT

Hi, Fred:

You were right, Fred- changing computers solved the problem. I
switched from using my Pentium machine to my old 386-33, and it
worked fine. Some kind of timing issue?

One interesting thing, though. I still get this error, whenever I D/L
the pcode:
      Board memory error: wanted 0c, got 3e at address 103f
But then it comes back with "Program D/L successfully."

At any rate, the board is up and running great. Thanks for all
your help.

Andy

In your message you said:
Hello, Everyone:

Help!

I'm trying to configure the HB. Here's what I get:

C:\IC> dlm config0c.s19 -port COM2 -eeprom
DLM: 6811 File Downloader... etc.

Using COM2
Downloading to EEPROM
Downloading config0c.s19, press ESC to abort
Downloading eeprom loader to RAM at 1200 baud...
........................... etc.
---------------------- etc.
512 total bytes (boot loader done)

Synchronizing with board...OK
Sending config0c.s19 at 9600 baud
Board memory error: wanted 0c, got 3e at address 103f
Board synchronization error.

From the directions I understand that I should kick an error once,
then succeed the second time. But this is all I ever get. Of course
I'm shutting the board off and powering it up in download mode
each time... I have to, because when the error occurs the board
exits download mode. Isn't the board supposed to try to download
just 1 byte before the error occurs?

ok. the dlm *is* trying to write the one byte, because the config reg
lives at 0x103f.  and it's trying to write it as 0x0c, which is also
correct.

but apparently it is not working, b/c you say that when you run the
pgm on multiple attempts, you always get this same response?
you have to do the same command line, correct as you've reported it,
each time.

I've tried erasing the EEPROM-which succeeds, then I just get
this same error. I've also tried the -mb option, which now just
gives me a serial comm error.

these won't help; the -mb option is for a different board.

The serial and power LEDs flash during the boot loader transfer. I've been
over the board a dozen times... I'm sure it's put together right,
and everything else has checked out.

Whaddya think? Bad 6811? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

my best guess is that for some reason dlm isn't doing its job
right...if you could try another dos machine, it might be worth a try.

-fred