 Robotics / Handy Board / 782
Re: Adapting the LMD18200 (CORRECTION)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 12:23:22 GMT

Matt Harlan found a mistake in the following drawing.

      INCORRECT

        ------
       /|    |-----
      / |    |---------- Motor
     /  | LM |-----
    /   |182 |-----
   /    | 00 |--------GND (motor and signal)
   | *  |    |--------motor power (12-55V)
   \    |    |--------hb pin 2           WRONG
    \   |    |----- gnd (brake)          *****
     \  |    |--------hb pin 1           WRONG
      \ |    |---------- Motor
       \|pin1|-----
        ------

      CORRECT

        ------
       /|    |-----
      / |    |---------- Motor
     /  | LM |-----
    /   |182 |-----
   /    | 00 |--------GND (motor and signal)
   | *  |    |--------motor power (12-55V)
   \    |    |--------hb pin 1
    \   |    |----- gnd (brake)
     \  |    |--------hb pin 2
      \ |    |---------- Motor
       \|pin1|-----
        ------

  The PWM inputs for each L293 are pins 1 & 9, right? And the direction
  inputs are 2, 7, 10, & 15?  With each pair of direction inputs using an
  inverter.

  The data sheet from National gives pin 3 as direction and pin 5 as PWM.
  Did you connect it like in the picture or is the picture wrong.

  I thought I would ask before a I etch my board for the 18200's.

Glad someone checked it, yup, the drawing is wrong.

pin 3 on the LMD18200 goes to pin 2 on the handyboard, and pin 5 on
the LMD18200 goes to pin 1 on the handy board.

Sorry for the trouble anyone had using the other drawing.

--
tgb@bnr.com